Robbie Henshaw pulls out of Lions match with Sharks
Robbie Henshaw has been ruled out of the British and Irish Lions’ fixture against the Sharks on Wednesday because of a hamstring injury.
“Robbie has a very mild hamstring strain which will keep him out of the next game,” a Lions spokesperson said.
Tom Curry is the only member of the original Lions squad not involved in the first two matches of the tour because of a pectoral problem, but the England flanker has trained all week and is available to face the Sharks.
“Tom had bit of an injury when he came in from Sale. He’s training with the guys and was involved today (Friday). We’ll see how he goes over the next few days,” kicking coach Neil Jenkins said.
Having been ruled out of the entire tour, Jones has been told by medics that he could recover from the dislocated shoulder sustained against Japan last Saturday faster that expected because his age of 35 enables short cuts to be taken.
“For him to get back in any way shape or form would be awesome. Warren knows more, but if someone of his calibre becomes available and he’s able to represent us, it becomes a no brainer,” Jenkins said.
“I’ve known Al a long time and I’ve never written him off in any way shape or form. I’ve seen him injured on other occasions, but not too many.
“He’s been very lucky in that regard and looks after himself incredibly well. That’s part of the reason why he has minimal injuries.
“Nothing surprises me with Al. He’s an incredible player who looks after himself incredibly well. If anyone can get back to playing in the Test series, then he certainly can.”
BRITISH & IRISH LIONS VS SIGMA LIONS:
15.Stuart Hogg – captain (Exeter Chiefs, Scotland) #783
14. Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester Rugby, Wales)
13. Chris Harris (Gloucester Rugby, Scotland)
12. Owen Farrell (Saracens, England) #780
11. Josh Adams (Cardiff Rugby, Wales) #836
10. Finn Russell (Racing 92, Scotland) #835
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland) #843
1. Wyn Jones (Scarlets, Wales) #842
2. Jamie George (Saracens, England) #819
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, England) #814
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, England) #825
5. Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, England)
6. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, England) #826
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland)
8. Taulupe Faletau (Bath Rugby, Wales) #779
16. Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, England)
17. Mako Vunipola (Saracens, England) – Prop #787
18. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland)
19. Iain Henderson (Ulster Rugby, Ireland) #808
20. Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs, England)
21. Gareth Davies (Scarlets, Wales)
22. Bundee Aki (Connacht Rugby, Ireland) #837
23. Elliot Daly (Saracens, England) #822
Sign up to our mailing list for a weekly digest from the wide world of rugby.Sign Up Now