Fiery England prop Kyle Sinckler has been in the wars again – drawing some criticism online for his antics during England’s second round Guinness Six Nations clash with France.


While few question his abilities, many have queried if his temperament could cost England, and his latest incident plays to those concerns.

The Harlequins prop was involved in a minor skirmish with French lock Arthur Iturria. Sinckler claimed that Iturria had struck him first, after which point he appeared to slap the lock’s head.

Referee Nigel Owens gave the prop a telling off, saying that Sinckler’s actions were not inline with ‘rugby values’ – but ultimately stopped short of issuing him with a yellow card.

Sir Clive Woodward criticised the decision not to card Sinckler in ITV’s post-match coverage, and the majority of Twitter chimed in with similiar critics of the 120kg tighthead, while some defended him.


Jonny May scored a first-half hat-trick as England routed France 44-8 at Twickenham to maintain their perfect record in the 2019 Six Nations. 

After overcoming reigning champions Ireland in their first¬†game, Eddie Jones’ men produced a dominant display that was spearheaded by wing May’s treble inside the opening half an hour.

Henry Slade also went over prior to half-time, with a penalty try and Owen Farrell’s score coming after the break.

While England’s title credentials were strengthened with a second bonus-point win, which put them back top of the table, France saw theirs virtually extinguished nine days on from throwing away a 16-0 lead in a loss to Wales.


For the fifth successive match England registered a try inside the first five minutes, May racing through to dot down following Elliot Daly’s measured kick in a move that would prove fruitful for Jones’ men in the first half.

Two Farrell penalties were sandwiched by Morgan Parra getting France on the board before May went in again, collecting Farrell’s long pass and side-stepping Damian Penaud to finish.

And May completed his hat-trick as he again raced onto a kick, this time delivered by Chris Ashton once Parra misjudged a high ball.

Penaud was being targeted defensively but he did score France’s only try after Yoann Huget had shaken off three would-be tacklers.

Yet England entered the interval with a 30-8 lead as Slade scored their fourth try on the stroke of half-time, with Danny Care’s grubber kick turning the French defence once more.

That advantage was increased to 36 points by the hour mark as England’s kicking game continued to expose French frailties.

Jones’ side were awarded a 49th-minute penalty try when Gael Fickou was yellow carded for hauling down Ashton before he looked to collect Slade’s kick through, while Farrell got in on the act after following in his kick when Antoine Dupont nudged the ball away from a diving May.

Mailing List

Sign up to our mailing list for a weekly digest from the wide world of rugby.

Sign Up Now