Henshaw struggled at full-back in Ireland’s 32-20 defeat to England at the Aviva last Saturday, but was expected to slot in at centre in place of the injured Garry Ringrose. However, a dead leg has ruled him out. Head coach Joe Schmidt has selected Munster centre Chris Farrell to partner Bundee Aki in the centre.
Rob Kearney returns at full-back, with Jordan Larmour providing back-three cover on the bench.
There are two changes in the back row. Jack Conan comes in at No8 in place of the injured CJ Stander, while Sean O’Brien is preferred in the number 7 jersey to Josh van der Flier, who is on the bench.
— Irish Rugby (@IrishRugby) February 7, 2019
15. Rob Kearney (Leinster/UCD) 87 caps
14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 73
13. Chris Farrell (Munster/Young Munster) 3 caps
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 13
11. Jacob Stockdale (Lurgan/Ulster) 15
10. Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 79 (vc)
9. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 68
1. Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster) 85
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 114 (c)
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 29
4. Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht) 9
5. James Ryan (UCD/Leinster) 14
6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 53 (vc)
7. Sean O’Brien (Leinster/UCD) 53
8. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 11 caps
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 66
17. Dave Kilcoyne (Munster/UL Bohemians) 25
18. Andrew Porter (UCD/Leinster) 12
19. Ultan Dillane (Connacht/Corinthians) 11 caps
20. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD) 14 caps
21. John Cooney (Ulster/Terenure College) 5
22. Joey Carbery (Clontarf/Munster) 17
23. Jordan Larmour (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 10
Watch: Joe Schmidt and Rory Best speak to the press after the England game
Sign up to our mailing list here and we’ll keep you up to the minute with weekly updates from the world of rugby.