Five Ireland internationals among 21 new contracts announced by Connacht
The quartet have re-signed for the province ahead of the 2021-22 season.
Hooker Heffernan and lock Dillane were included in Andy Farrell’s national squad for this year’s Guinness Six Nations, with the latter coming off the bench in the 15-13 defeat to France on February 14.
Australia-born prop Bealham has not played for his adopted country since last year’s Autumn Nations Cup, while Carty has not featured since the 2019 World Cup.
The new contracts include 19 players from the club’s current squad, plus first professional deals for academy products Oran McNulty and Cian Prendergast.
Head coach Andy Friend told Connacht’s website: “I am delighted to see so many of our current crop of players sign on for another season.
“This is still a very challenging time for everyone in Irish rugby so to have them commit to Connacht Rugby again says it all about the belief we have as a group to continue the progress we’re making.”
Sign up to our mailing list for a weekly digest from the wide world of rugby.Sign Up Now