Beauden Barrett has 'bounced back' from latest concussion scare
All Blacks five eighth Barrett, who only recently returned to action following a concussion suffered against Ireland in November, was forced off in the Blues’ 32-25 victory over the Highlanders in Dunedin on March 26.
The 30-year-old was taken off in the 41st minute after a collision with Highlanders centre Fetuli Paea.
“I was very relieved to wake up on the Sunday morning after the game feeling clear in my head. I just had a very sore neck,” Barrett told news website Stuff.
“It’s all good, especially considering where I’d been, and the things I did to get back to playing.
“I’m confident in being back playing and psychologically it’s great to get back out there. There was a little scare from that Highlanders game, but I’ve bounced back from it well.
“There is nothing to be concerned about from a head point of view.”
Barrett said last month his recovery period in the aftermath of the injury suffered against Ireland was “extremely challenging”.
Join free and tell us what you really think!Join Free