RugbyPass, the home of live rugby in Asia, has announced a landmark deal to provide exclusive coverage of the 2018/19 Heineken Cup and Pro14 in Australia. The deal marks a significant milestone in the shift of major live rugby coverage away from terrestrial TV to “over-the-top” digital distribution and further enhances RugbyPass’ line-up which already includes Super Rugby, The Rugby Championship, Aviva Premiership, June & November Internationals, Pro 14 and more across 23 nations in Asia.
The deal kicks off on 12th October with the first round of matches and includes live and on-demand access to every Heineken Cup and Pro14 match. The availability of time-shifted viewing across any connected device will enable fans to watch their favourite teams live, delayed or as condensed highlights.
“This new partnership with the Heineken Cup and Pro14 ensures that rugby fans in Australia can now watch all the action live and on-demand from Europe’s premier rugby competitions” said Tim Martin, founder and CEO of RugbyPass.
In addition to live coverage of the competitions, global followers of the Heineken Cup and Pro14 can visit rugbypass.com for news, statistics, text commentary and original video analysis and highlights.
Heineken Cup and Pro14 Coverage
RugbyPass’ coverage of the competitions will be amongst the most comprehensive of anywhere in the world. The RugbyPass content team will be supported by a host of ex-internationals and some of the most respected journalists in Northern Hemisphere rugby, including:
- Ex-Internationals: Jim Hamilton (Scotland), Andy Goode (England), Ali Williams (New Zealand) and a host of guests including current & ex-internationals.
- RugbyPass Journalists & Contributors: Alex Shaw, Nathaniel Cope, Graham Jenkins, Chris Jones & James Harrington.
Through rugbypass.com and its accompanying social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), RugbyPass will provide extensive coverage in addition to live streaming the matches, including:
- Previews, reports, editorial and opinion
- Breaking news, team announcements and player ratings
- Live online match centres for all games with text commentary, stats and social
- Pre and post-match press conference videos
- Player & coach interviews from all tournament squads
- Match day fan engagement videos from stadiums
- Facebook live video Q&A with current & ex Internationals
- Championship focused podcast and panel show
- Highlight clips and montage videos
RugbyPass is the World’s largest digital rugby network, combining live OTT broadcasting with unique and engaging video and print content for Rugby fans around the globe.
Across 23 countries in Asia, and now the exclusive rightsholder for Heineken Cup rugby in Australia, RugbyPass broadcasts live Rugby content including SANZAAR, 6 Nations and Autumn International matches though an internet OTT streaming subscription platform.
RugbyPass.com, and its affiliated RugbyPass network of sites, is the largest independent Rugby audience network in the world, producing and distributing a variety of content including written articles, long and short form videos, shows, podcasts, stats, fantasy and global team rankings.
Watch the Heineken Champions Cup Final live on RugbyPass throughout Asia and Australia.